• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

wizz6113

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 125 total)
← 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 →
  • Author
    Posts
  • March 3, 2016 at 5:34 am in reply to: Add Landing Page to Existing Website #180520
    wizz6113
    Member

    HI Victor,

    I just came across this as need to create a landing page, full width to use both as an inner site page to use as my static homepage instead of posts page.

    What do I create / replicate your php code above in - notepad ++ and then save as .php and upload via ftp? I am assuming I could just copy a full-with php file from another theme like parallax pro though.

    Thanks!

    February 9, 2016 at 8:07 am in reply to: (Pretty Creative) Home Top Tile image #178651
    wizz6113
    Member

    Hi Susan,

    Thanks for this. The thing is, I have replaced the demo laptop to have what the themes calls a 'full-width' image but in fact it isn't. Hence my need to replace the b/w dot image with a single (non-tiling) image. I therefore need to see how I can really have a full width image, in other words. How do I find that? If the dotty image is smaller and tiling, I will need to tweak code to make that my static full width image?

    Tnx.

    February 8, 2016 at 7:16 am in reply to: (Pretty Creative) Home Top Tile image #178561
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Victor, I'll look into that now via ftp. I just need to see what the full-width image size is - guessing 1600px. As the background one tiles.

    Cheers,

    January 19, 2016 at 5:18 am in reply to: Simply Pro Slider & read more disappeared #176905
    wizz6113
    Member

    Update. the slider reappeared when Twitter reappeared! Twitter was down. Can't think why the two are linked. Anyone any ideas about that one?!

    Read more buttons relate to opting for content (with character limit). I'd like to use 'excerpt' on the homepage posts and still have that read more button though. Can I do that?

    Tnx.

    December 30, 2015 at 5:19 am in reply to: Media queries Altitude Pro footer widgets #175164
    wizz6113
    Member

    I think I've resolved it adding some copied css in from the Streamline theme and adjusting a bit. Even if the widths were different between the two themes.
    Not tested it on a tablet yet though.

    December 30, 2015 at 4:41 am in reply to: Media queries Altitude Pro footer widgets #175161
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Christophe,
    Yes, that's what I did - create new footers adding support in the functions php and adding css for normal mode (not media queries - I wasn't sure what to do there). I cut and paste css code from Streamline Pro.

    I'll take your suggestion and see what Steamline Pro media screen css is for the footers and copy it over too and see what happens.

    Tnx.

    December 15, 2015 at 5:11 am in reply to: Altitude Pro Theme – Header – Footer #173813
    wizz6113
    Member

    I have the same issue re needing 3 footer widgets in Altitude Pro, not a single full width one. I think Carrie Dils has a tut on how to add widgets. But I wondered if I could simply lift some code from another Studiopress theme and that would work.

    clearly a single full width footer is a bit useless if you want to run a subscribe form, address details etc. Anyone know a good way to make 3 from 1? Current site i want this on is:

    Start

    Tnx.

    November 13, 2015 at 2:59 am in reply to: Home menu label to link to homepage – Pretty Creative #170972
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks so much Victor, And how I can't believe I didn't know that! Cheers.

    November 13, 2015 at 2:44 am in reply to: Image title size in News Pro #170971
    wizz6113
    Member

    I have a similar issue and am fiddling around with my custom header image of 400 x 78 to no avail. I have a menu in the header right widget as well. Logo and that menu are not aligned, and I've the header image way to far out - too much padding,

    I've been fiddling with the areas you mentioned above but can't seem to get it sorted and aligned. I changed Functions.php to accommodate a header of 400 x 78.

    What css do I need to edit to get this sorted?
    Tnx.
    site is: http://globaldisability.org/

    September 22, 2015 at 9:11 am in reply to: Parallax homepage design as landing page #166354
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Brad, and I probably won't mind paying as I need to implement this quickly on several sites!
    Cheers,

    July 26, 2015 at 8:53 am in reply to: Sidebar widget padding Enterprise Pro #160490
    wizz6113
    Member

    Sorry, my tech guy set it up so I work locally on the actual url while old site still sits under old url for the world to see!

    Basically, I need to align the primary sidebar widget (drop it down a bit) to align with the top of the body content wrap on inner pages. By activating the breadcrumbs, the body content area shifted down and I don't think the sidebar widget placed higher looks neat.

    I also removed some padding from the top of the content entry, so the gap is less, but I do still need to find the correct CSS to shift the primary sidebar widget area down.

    I've tried various bits of CSS but not finding the correct one so far.
    Thanks!

    March 16, 2015 at 7:12 am in reply to: Styling CSS Sign up Form #144610
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Brad,
    I've now changed to the Genesis enews extended and am tweaking the css ok. Carrie Dils tut on the plugin settings for Mailchimp are useful.

    http://www.carriedils.com/genesis-enews-extended-mailchimp/

    Should someone else be foxed by the Mailpoet option that crops up!

    March 9, 2015 at 9:57 am in reply to: Adding image to homepage widget Cafe Pro #143803
    wizz6113
    Member

    I forgot to mention that my image size is 300px wide. Could this be the issue - too wide for the space? I'd uploaded the image to media library and cut and paste the url.

    It runs

    Should I have put something else, or perhaps an align tag too? I basically created an image for each widget area so I could make some visual dividers among my four widgets in Homepage 3. I then was going to remove the actual widget title for each.

    Tnx.

    December 1, 2014 at 1:55 pm in reply to: Foodie Pro – recipe archive image problems #133360
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Jodi and 'Anotherusername' for the continued help. I think I am just about there is organising the widget and image issues. Just to double check: so long as the original featured image is set at 680 px width, it will resize optimally for the various 1/2 , 1/3, and 1/4 options in the archives and widgetised featured post options?

    I ask, because at present, with of course my images imported from the old site and therefore not that width, they blur and are not sharp at the 1/3rd option in widgets. I assume that with new posts on the new site, optimised for 680px they will be fine?

    Other than that, I am finding the Foodie Pro an extremely versatile theme for my blog - great to highlight legacy content under various categories. So all in all serving me well so far,

    Tnx.

    November 29, 2014 at 11:58 am in reply to: Foodie Pro – recipe archive image problems #133219
    wizz6113
    Member

    I discovered a 'content archive' area under 'customize' which has resolved part of the issue - ie, the right size thumbnail.

    But as each post has a different length of title so the archives look really messy when called up by dropdown. Example here:

    http://wpreneur.com/theredbistro/2014/06/

    How can I adjust the archive listings to show them vertical as here in this eg. (this would resolve the problem of misalignment):

    http://www.whatkatieate.com/recipes/

    November 24, 2014 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Foodie Pro missing images in media library #132691
    wizz6113
    Member

    A small update: I notice that the only images showing in my media library are 'unattached'.

    My current site is running an earlier WordPress version: 3.9.3 (the child theme anyway); and my new dev site is on the latest WP: 4.0.1

    Not sure if either of those pieces of info make a difference.

    November 24, 2014 at 11:06 am in reply to: Missing images in Media Library #132676
    wizz6113
    Member

    arqdragon did you get a solution to your missing images as I have the same problem with my site using Foodie Pro! Any suggestions welcome!
    Thanks.

    November 24, 2014 at 2:12 am in reply to: Foodie Pro – problem importing images #132652
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks for this; I just checked and only a mere handful of images got through as in this post:

    http://wpreneur.com/theredbistro/2013/04/14/strawberry-scones/

    So clearly, the database is fine. Apparently the WP dashboard Tools>export/import xml function won't take all the site - certainly no images!

    My webdev guy on my old site (currently live) is giving me access to his ftp to download the images folder. I am not sure how to go about uploading it with the correct urls to work on my devsite. I'd need to find and replace all those image urls?

    Any further advice welcome!

    I think this issue of moving image-rich content will be one others opting to migrate their food blogs to Foodie will encounter.

    Tnx.

    October 24, 2014 at 3:20 am in reply to: Staff Profile plug in #128933
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Genwrock,
    It's getting there, but this one seems based on a photo grid only whereas I am looking for a couple of lines biog excerpt with 'read more' click through to entire biog. More like this rudimentary listing: http://www.egs.edu/faculty/faculty-overview/

    I am using Outlook. In the eg above, the name / title of the person is clickable, but I'd want a 'full biog' or 'read more' link at the end of the excerpt. I guess I can just do it manually in the page but was hoping there'd be a neat plugin to automate things.

    Thanks though.

    October 6, 2014 at 3:05 pm in reply to: Parallax home page – looking to rotate images #126948
    wizz6113
    Member

    I'd be interested in having the same on my budding Parallax site if someone knows the answer to Mindyi Q above?

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 125 total)
← 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 →
« Previous Page

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble