• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

wizz6113

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 125 total)
← 1 2 3 … 5 6 7 →
  • Author
    Posts
  • May 5, 2017 at 11:49 pm in reply to: Aspire Pro – post loop error on homepage #206002
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Victor! Every theme is different! This wasn't flagged in the theme set-up so I missed it and wondered why my other correct setting weren't doing their job.

    January 23, 2017 at 8:59 am in reply to: Testimonial Slider Hello Pro CSS issue #199870
    wizz6113
    Member

    Hi Victor, thanks for your ongoing help. Deactiving the plugin and reactivating made no difference. The code in the theme CSS is this:

    .hello-pro-home .home-testimonial {
    margin-top: 30px;
    padding: 40px;
    border-radius: 30px;
    clear: both;
    }

    Which implies there should be rounded corners. The plugin is the theme recommended : social-proof-testimonials-slider

    Thanks,

    January 23, 2017 at 6:23 am in reply to: Testimonial Slider Hello Pro CSS issue #199852
    wizz6113
    Member

    Victor, I can't do that as it's not live and only on localhost on my desktop. however, what has happened, after a plugin update, is that the rounded borders that you see on the plugin on the Studiopress theme demo for Hello Pro! have disappeared. I've now a right angled border which looks less nice than that envisaged in the original design. Perhaps it's case of CSS on the plugin? Or within the main theme template. I am not sure.

    Thanks!

    December 28, 2016 at 9:20 am in reply to: Genesis enews input field blank #198344
    wizz6113
    Member

    Brad, thanks for this as this line of code was missing from Sridhar's tutorial. Worked a treat!

    Really appreciate the help over the festive season.

    December 26, 2016 at 4:01 am in reply to: Home full width image Hello Pro #198206
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Christoph for your pointer. I resolved it but due to family reasons have not been back online to mark it resolved.
    Much appreciated.

    December 26, 2016 at 4:00 am in reply to: Media query CSS widget row issues #198205
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Christoph, I seem to have resolved this also with the help of Brad Dalton's reply.
    Kind regards,

    November 10, 2016 at 9:01 am in reply to: Woo Commerce in two languages – advice required #195987
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Morten for your help. I found that Gallery Pro is 'translation ready' so I am assuming the core theme files can cope with the WPML + Woo install. I'll take a look at the tut you sent the link on - much appreciated. Thanks!

    October 31, 2016 at 2:46 pm in reply to: Featured Post Widgets Alignment & Media Query CSS #195572
    wizz6113
    Member

    William,
    Thanks for this and I'll try to do something with those bits of code you suggest. Sadly, as I can't attach a screengrab here, I can't show the site as it's on Bitnami.

    October 30, 2016 at 2:32 am in reply to: 3-column widget – stop text flow between each column #195493
    wizz6113
    Member

    I found the answer thanks to Brad Dalton:

    Add Columns In Custom Widget For Specific Page(s)

    Just what i needed thanks Brad!

    October 29, 2016 at 11:13 pm in reply to: Show widget homepage only #195490
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Brad, Yep, I got there in the end on this. I have an old theme so it's home.php. Some still out there with that. Thanks so much.

    June 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm in reply to: Highglight a navbar label on homepage #187965
    wizz6113
    Member

    Victor,

    Huge thanks for this! I've worked down to adding a custom class and now need to head to the stylesheet. Just need to swot up on CSS first! Will let you know how it goes, but thanks for providing me with the logic of the sequence.

    April 25, 2016 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184399
    wizz6113
    Member

    Hi Christoph,

    Finally, I've managed to get it done - so huge thanks for all your help and patience! I think it was missing trailing slashes and " ..." !
    I can't tell you how helpful you've been. I just hope I'll be in a position before too long - with loads more learning under my belt- to do the same for others in the community!

    Cheers!

    April 25, 2016 at 4:09 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184360
    wizz6113
    Member

    I keep on trying it but it won't work! Do you think it's something to do with a wrap code?

    widget-above-content .widget-area .wrap

    Is that the bit I should be targeting?

    I have no way of knowing how big the image size should be. Perhaps my guess image is the wrong width / depth and therefore won't show?

    Really appreciate your ongoing help here. I am totally baffled as to why it's not simple! At this rate, it's easier to unhook the current widget, create a new one and style that.

    April 23, 2016 at 1:59 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184241
    wizz6113
    Member

    OK, going round in circles on this one and huge thanks for your help Christoph. I've located the place using inspector and if I put a #hex for a color in, it show; if I replace the color hex with image code nothing show!

    So this works showing a color in the correct widget area - behind the enews:

    /* Widget Above Content
    ------------------------------------------------------ */

    .widget-above-content {
    background-color: #f87da9;
    margin: -20px auto 30px;
    padding: 30px 40px;
    width: 1200px;
    }

    .widget-above-content .enews-widget {
    background-color: transparent;

    }

    But if I replace that #hex with various variation on the css code for placing an image, I get nothing - just white.

    So clearly I've identified the correct widget but not sure what to do re the image I wish to replace color with. I made the image 1200px wide and 300px deep. I don't know if my depth guess would have an issue.

    Tnx for continued help!

    April 22, 2016 at 11:33 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184193
    wizz6113
    Member

    OK think i've found it. I am getting this: But I don't seem to see the same tool bar in inspector as you do, Not sure i am opening it right!

    Tnx.

    .widget-above-content {
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url('img/enews_background.png');
    margin: -20px auto 30px;
    padding: 30px 40px;
    width: 1200px;
    }

    April 22, 2016 at 11:19 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184187
    wizz6113
    Member

    Sorry Christoph, I got the wrong theme! It's Tickled Pink by Restored 316 who also does the Glam theme! Trying to find out how to get same view as you in Inspector as not familiar with it so well!

    April 22, 2016 at 10:59 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184185
    wizz6113
    Member

    Developing locally but it's the Glam theme and you'll see the enews widget full across the body on homepage.

    Tnx!

    April 22, 2016 at 10:55 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184183
    wizz6113
    Member

    Hi Christoph,

    Errm, trying to inspect it but can't see a no show image alert. I do notice that the site containers are way below my image px size.

    I created a png 1200 px as that's what the css said. The subscribe box is in fact full width almost. The inspector says:

    Div site-container 705px

    and:

    div. widget-above-content .widget-area 625px

    Do you think my image size is wrong then? Hence no show?
    Thanks for your continued help!

    April 22, 2016 at 10:33 am in reply to: Custom background image Genesis enews extended #184179
    wizz6113
    Member

    Christoph, many thanks for this!

    Well, I've got rid of the color but not achieved an image showing! Not sure if I am missing something else now. I stuck background-color:transparent in two places in fact. Perhaps the image url code is wrong? I googled it and found several version of it. I uploaded the png to the Uploads>images.

    Any more thoughts? If you've time! Tnx so much.

    .widget-above-content {
    background-color: #transparent;
    background-image: url('img/enews_background.png'); cover no-repeat;
    margin: -20px auto 30px;
    padding: 30px 40px;
    width: 1200px;
    }

    .widget-above-content .enews-widget {
    background-color: #transparent;

    }

    March 4, 2016 at 8:19 am in reply to: Add Landing Page to Existing Website #180645
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Victor for this. I guess what I wish for is a full width page in my theme - Simply Pro - so I'll need to replicate that php file and force full width.

    Thanks again for your help.

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 125 total)
← 1 2 3 … 5 6 7 →
« Previous Page

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble