• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

wizz6113

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 125 total)
← 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 →
  • Author
    Posts
  • March 28, 2014 at 1:47 am in reply to: Site migration lost widgets and plugins #97083
    wizz6113
    Member

    thanks Anitac for the help. I did the migration using the reset database method, which I have used to upload sites from bitnami to test server and had no problems.

    However, this time, the rot set in I think because my host - Siteground - moved my files in error before I was ready to do it (I'd merely asked them about the move, not instructed them to do it!), and then they moved the files back to the test. Hence my url changed to their IP followed by database name and then my original test url. I think then when I did the move, I didn't find and replace that full IP url but merely the test backslash one. I am going to try to get the database and re-run the find and replace with that IP / url and start again.

    What worries me is that the menus aren't showing and that shouldn't be related to the database - or am I wrong on that?
    Tnx.

    February 25, 2014 at 6:42 am in reply to: Header widget display #92291
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Brad,
    Now I've put a custom logo header on the left, which is bigger, the alignment looks less wrong. I've bookmarked your posts as I may well need to tweak further, but I'll first replace the original code in my theme - Outreach - before applying yours as it made no difference (probably being overridden).
    Cheers.

    February 24, 2014 at 7:39 am in reply to: Header widget display #92116
    wizz6113
    Member

    I am having similar issue trying to float my simple social icons down to be more on a level with the custom site header. I've been tweaking .widget-area; .widget-wrap and .widget putting in padding-bottom or margin-bottom 0px. But while I've seen a small shift down, the SSIs are still to high.

    Perhap I don't have the correct CSS terminology ( I used G-hooks mark-up to try and locate things) or do I now edit the plugin? I reduced the actual icons size and made them round as well. So I know they won't be floating in the right position within their area anyway.

    Bit lost now as to how to proceed. Any ideas?

    http://wpreneur.com/iicss/

    Tnx.

    February 22, 2014 at 1:43 pm in reply to: Remove gap in primary navigation menu items #91947
    wizz6113
    Member

    Hi Andrea,
    That's a relief to know. I am still having problems with Chrome - I am on Windows XP. But perhaps a little less so than before. Firefox all works well. IE is awful but I've probably not the latest version installed so will check again when I have. Probably just an XP blip with it then. Thanks for your help. I'll mark as resolved now.

    February 22, 2014 at 3:17 am in reply to: Remove gap in primary navigation menu items #91891
    wizz6113
    Member

    Andrea,
    Thanks and yes, I did manage, very late at night, to get the gap removed. I googled around and discovered that putting margin-right: -4px resolved that. It seems a common problem with the code display: inline-block;

    However, I am grappling still to find a solution to the lag on the timing of the rollover in the navbar. When I rollover from left to right along the bar, there's a huge time delay in the previous menu item button reverting to no hover (blue in my case). I end up with the mouse over hover white showing on around two, sometimes up to three buttons. I need to somehow speed this up so nothing is left lagging. It's all jerky and erratic and not a smooth rollover transition at all.

    Something to do with the webkit code, but I am not sure how to edit it. Any ideas!

    Thanks once again for your help.

    February 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm in reply to: Primary navbar issues on rollover Outreach #91745
    wizz6113
    Member

    Is the timing issue something to do with JS timing and if so which file and what amendment. Anyone know?
    Tnx 🙂

    February 21, 2014 at 7:28 am in reply to: Change background color [Header] Outreach Pro #91615
    wizz6113
    Member

    OK, I've got the hang of this and understand my issue with messing up the navbar (see above). If you choose any of the presets other than the default green, you need to change the .site-header in two places - within your chosen color first and in then overall css coding (which is set to green).

    1. Locate your chosen preset colour - mine was blue. Locate the single code line that bundles .site-header with various hovers on navbars.

    2. Cut it out and create it as its own entry as follows, putting in your chosen background color - in the eg, this is white #ffffff. I placed this new line above the section I cut it from, for ease sake and to find and replace it if things went wrong!:

    }
    .outreach-pro-blue .site-header,
    background-color: #ffffff;
    }

    3. Save this if you like and view page and you'll now see your header green. So, then locate the general CSS site header code earlier in the stylesheet, and replace the green #589b37 with your chosen color - in my case white. Be aware that if you title header text and tagline are white, you'll need to change those too so they show. It didn't matter in my case as I was putting in a custom design image header.

    Site Header
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- */
    .site-header {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    color: #fff;
    min-height: 110px;
    }

    February 18, 2014 at 12:04 pm in reply to: Change background color [Header] Outreach Pro #91003
    wizz6113
    Member

    I changed the site header color to white while using the blue preset and I ended up with the entire navigation bar hover messed up - jumping all over the place! I have no idea why merely changing the site header color would do that.

    I also want white, and to change the site title and tagline to blue (inverse of the preset, in essence). I'll try the code about but am oh so worried about the effects (took me 1.5 hrs to re-do coding as I ended up replacing the entire CSS with the default).

    Does anyone know why this would happen?

    February 18, 2014 at 2:38 am in reply to: Custom color home featured widgets #90919
    wizz6113
    Member

    Ah resolved! I needed to put that a { as in:

    #featuredpage-extras-2 .widget-title a {
    color: #CC0000;
    }

    Tnx Brad and I'll be breezing through the rest of your tut for various other widget custom styling. Bookmarked the link. Cheers.

    February 18, 2014 at 2:35 am in reply to: Custom color home featured widgets #90916
    wizz6113
    Member

    Even with the hyphen, ie. #featuredpage-extras2 . widget-title is won't work. I inadvertently put that hyphen in the eg CSS above.

    February 18, 2014 at 2:09 am in reply to: Custom color home featured widgets #90915
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks for this tut Brad; I am now trying to see if I can make it work. I guess I put the CSS right at the bottom - but after media query CSS or where regular CSS ends? Also, if this is the ID for one of those featured homepage widgets, am I putting the right CSS as so far I can't make the entry-title color change. ie:

    <section id="featuredpage-extras-2" class=widget featured-content featured page">

    so I put CSS as follows, but wasn't sure if I should put entire class info - neither seemed to work though:

    #featured-page-extras-2 .widget-title {
    color: #CC0000;
    }

    Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?
    Tnx.

    February 17, 2014 at 2:20 pm in reply to: Site Title and Tagline- OutReach Pro #90835
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Andrea, yes, I did that. I realised it was such a ridiculously large amount, it was devised as such. Though I really can't think why it comes packaged as 'invisible' as presumably some may want it. It would be easier to just not type it in the custom setting.

    February 17, 2014 at 12:57 pm in reply to: Site Title and Tagline- OutReach Pro #90825
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Andrea, much appreciated!
    That did look like a suspiciously odd number, but I wasn't sure about editing it as I thought there must be some reason Outreach code came packaged with. Off to play around with variations then between 0 - -9999!
    Cheers!

    February 17, 2014 at 3:26 am in reply to: Site Title and Tagline- OutReach Pro #90723
    wizz6113
    Member

    Thanks Andrea,
    I've taken a look at the CSS and it doesn't indicate it's not showing -ie I can't see a 'display: none . It's in localdev so no link, but I do have line nr on the CSS if you have an idea exactly which line I should target. This seems to be the code area coming in around line 1108 in Outreach Pro. Tnx.

    .site-description {
    color: #999;
    font-size: 10px;
    font-size: 1.0rem;
    font-weight: 400;
    height: 0;
    line-height: 1.5;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    }

    .site-description,
    .site-title {
    margin-bottom: 0;
    }

    .header-image .site-description,
    .header-image .site-title {
    display: block;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    }

    February 16, 2014 at 4:15 pm in reply to: Enews Extended widget not showing form #90656
    wizz6113
    Member

    Carrie Dils video on Brandan Kraft's blog might help. http://www.brandonkraft.com/contrib/plugins/genesis-enews-extended/install/

    February 16, 2014 at 4:04 pm in reply to: Enews Extended widget not showing form #90653
    wizz6113
    Member

    Same problem here - not sure why either. Off to google it manically! Hope someone resolves this.

    February 16, 2014 at 2:02 pm in reply to: Site Title and Tagline- OutReach Pro #90641
    wizz6113
    Member

    I think there must be some blip in Outreach as I can't get the site description to show either, irrespective of setting the site title font size smaller. I've tried several sizes to no avail. And I do have the wording in the description field under settings. Any ideas as to what can rectify this issue? If not, I'll have to design a custom header jpg. But it seems a code fault somewhere?

    February 16, 2014 at 12:54 pm in reply to: Add widget to right of reduced width Outreach slider #90633
    wizz6113
    Member

    Sridhar very kindly did a post on his WP blog which resolves this issue. So here's the link should you need to split Outreach slider / widget area top. This is for the Pro version. His blog also has 'how to' for the earlier version.

    Home Top Left and Right widget areas in Outreach Pro

    February 16, 2014 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Text box or widget next to slider in Outreach? #90631
    wizz6113
    Member

    Kathie,

    My work-around kind of worked but Sridhar, who is a frequent commenter here on the StudioPress forum and amazing whizz customiser has a post on splitting the slider on Outreach. I found it at midnight after two days of fiddling around. I checked it out but realised that the 'Pro' version we have has different code (assuming you have Pro?). I notified him and he very kindly, self same day, did an updated post on how to split Pro slider area into two widgets - one 77% for the slider, the other around 33% for the widget area right.

    Here's the link below, Remove any changes you've made and get back to the original code and follow Sridhar's post verbatim. It works like a dream! Just re-do you photo sizes to fit your slider size etc.

    Home Top Left and Right widget areas in Outreach Pro

    Thanks big time to Sridhar!

    February 14, 2014 at 2:45 pm in reply to: Text box or widget next to slider in Outreach? #90347
    wizz6113
    Member

    Kathie,

    I've been researching and trying to resolve that slider split issue all day, and finally came across Carrie Dil's post a while back on splitting the homepage featured slider area in the Associate theme. I read her tutorial and it seems to be just what we need to do for Outreach. I can't think why it wouldn't work on other themes. Here's the link:

    http://www.carriedils.com/customize-the-homepage-for-the-associate-theme/

    I am going to give it a go tomorrow, as bushed staring at code today but let me know if you manage it so we can compare notes.

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 125 total)
← 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 →
« Previous Page

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble