• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

Robin

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
1 2 →
  • Author
    Posts
  • October 29, 2015 at 5:25 am in reply to: Navigation not showing up on category archive pages #169452
    Robin
    Participant

    It was this plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-easy-recipe/ - when i deactivate, it works.

    March 11, 2015 at 10:55 am in reply to: Commens Not Working #144038
    Robin
    Participant

    Resolved.

    Got it to work.

    March 11, 2015 at 10:48 am in reply to: Commens Not Working #144032
    Robin
    Participant

    Hi, Victor.

    Yes, I checked ALL of that and they are ALL checked to allow comments and discussions. under Reading and on the actual individual post pages and under Genesis Theme Settings

    Robin

    February 4, 2015 at 4:08 pm in reply to: Adding Code to Functions.php #139715
    Robin
    Participant

    Thank you so much, Dave.

    It works now. I thought I had a space after echo but I didn't have the double quotes on 1656082440.

    You are so kind. I really appreciate your help.

    Robin

    November 27, 2014 at 4:02 am in reply to: Background and Header Not Loading at Same Time #132959
    Robin
    Participant

    Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. What I did figure out is that the background and header do load at the same time but they load first and then the ad loads so I have the header adjusted to be the same height as the background.

    So if I could get the ad to load first, it should solve my problem.

    Do you know how to get the ad to load first?

    Thanks,
    Robin

    July 24, 2014 at 4:04 pm in reply to: Post Pagination Not Working #115772
    Robin
    Participant

    I am sorry. I obviously didn't explain myself very well. What I am trying to accomplish is splitting the post itself into 2 or 3 pages by putting the <!––nextpage––> code. For example, on this post http://thecardswedrew.com/2014/06/skirted-onesie-tutorial/ - i put the <!––nextpage––> code after the 8th paragraph but it is still showing the entire post on one page.

    This might explain what i am trying to do better than I can.

    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-split-wordpress-posts-into-multiple-pages/

    Thanks.

    July 24, 2014 at 2:10 pm in reply to: Post Pagination Not Working #115753
    Robin
    Participant

    Thanks, Brad. I added it

    //* Add post navigation (requires HTML5 theme support)
    add_action( 'genesis_entry_footer', 'genesis_prev_next_post_nav' );

    to the functions.php and also added styling to css but it is still not working. Cleared the cache. Tried a different browser.

    http://thecardswedrew.com/2014/06/skirted-onesie-tutorial/

    Robin

    May 18, 2014 at 4:57 am in reply to: Reposition Secondary Nav #105715
    Robin
    Participant

    I added this

    /** Move Secondary Nav Menu Before Content Sidebar Wrap*/
    remove_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'genesis_do_subnav' );
    add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'genesis_do_subnav' );

    but it pushes moves my sidebar for some reason to the left

    May 16, 2014 at 1:13 pm in reply to: Genesis Sandbox Featured Content Widget #105533
    Robin
    Participant

    Thanks, I went top the plugin's support and realized that there was a glitch in the plugin and they had a fix on GitHub. The dropdown was missing from taxonomies.

    https://github.com/wpsmith/genesis-sandbox-featured-content-widget/issues/14

    Robin

    January 2, 2014 at 11:41 pm in reply to: Premise #82844
    Robin
    Participant

    Not sure why but I had to go to Dashboard > Users and edit complimentary product by adding complimentary product (free product) to them again and saving it twice (not sure why).

    screenshots may help.

    http://scspls.com/useraccess.png

    http://scspls.com/before.png

    http://scspls.com/after.png

    January 2, 2014 at 6:54 pm in reply to: Premise #82795
    Robin
    Participant

    I still haven't heard back from Premise support. I have troubleshooted everything from disabling all plugins except Premise and even installed Premise on two other sites (one with WordPress 3.7.1 and one with WordPress 3.8) and they all do the same - only give access to Administrators not Premise Members.

    November 23, 2013 at 4:25 am in reply to: Move Author Box #75149
    Robin
    Participant

    Thank you, Brad. I tried it several times since Wednesday but could not get it to work.

    Finally tried it again today and it finally worked! Yay!

    Sometimes you just have to hold your mouth right- LOL.

    Thanks again,
    Robin

    October 1, 2013 at 4:35 am in reply to: HTML5 #64921
    Robin
    Participant

    Resolved. Followed Gary's code which I thought I had already but apparently not exactly.

    http://code.garyjones.co.uk/genesis-split-sidebars

    Thanks, Gary.

    Robin

    September 9, 2013 at 12:08 pm in reply to: Mompreneur List Style Type #61551
    Robin
    Participant

    Thanks. When I went to send Lindsey a SUPPORT ticket, I noticed she had a fix on this page

    http://prettydarncute.com/mompreneur-setup/

    so I thought I would post it in case the next person needs it.

    Robin

    September 7, 2013 at 3:31 am in reply to: HTML5 #61200
    Robin
    Participant

    I think I found the answer here - http://www.wpstuffs.com/how-to-switch-featured-image-above-the-title-in-genesis-framework/

    August 19, 2013 at 2:45 am in reply to: Genesis 2.0 Custom Header Problem & Fix #57274
    Robin
    Participant

    After changing my CSS and functions.php to HTML 5, mine did the same thing. my header was all the way to the left and the menu nav bar was pulled up.

    I cleared my cache and it was fine. Hope this will work for you as well.

    Robin

    August 8, 2013 at 1:05 am in reply to: Search #54826
    Robin
    Participant

    Yes, I had already installed the Swiftype plugin and it is working fine.

    I will contact you on your website.

    Thanks,
    Robin

    July 20, 2013 at 2:56 am in reply to: HOME Page #51564
    Robin
    Participant

    I understand responsive themes. And I can change the theme to a responsive theme, but he does not want to SCROLL DOWN on his computer on the HOME page to see the bottom (he doesn't care about the other pages) and I am not sure switching to a responsive theme will accomplish this or will it?

    Thanks,
    Robin

    May 24, 2013 at 1:54 am in reply to: Number of Comments Not Showing #42414
    Robin
    Participant

    Nick helped me figure it out just in case someone else has this problem.
    Had to remove this from style.css file .post-comments {

    position: absolute;

    top: -27px;

    right: 0px;

    }

     

    Thanks, Nick

    April 12, 2013 at 10:04 am in reply to: Ad Blocker #35011
    Robin
    Participant

    Thanks, Robin!

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
1 2 →

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble