- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
This is my first post!
I am working with the Min Pro theme and am looking for some support in doing the following things:
1. setting the BG pic right... what are the dimensions? cant seem to find that info anywhere.
2. How can I change the BG colour of the page from white to black and the the text colour to black/gray to white? Where can I find this in the css?
3. the site description font is too big for me. Where can I change that in the css? I tried the .site-description but no go.
4. how/where can I change the site title to not be in caps?
Sorry if these questions are super remedial... all things are a learning process.
Thanks in advance for your help!
I just purchased this theme so my response won't be comprehensive. Here are my quick thoughts:
1. The theme has an instructions link in your mystudiopress page where you did the download. According to that tutorial the BG image is set in wordpress appearence/background and because there is jquery magic going on in the background you are not supposed to have to configure the image... it fits it all by itself with a class=backstreatch. I tried it and am not getting the results I want to there clearly is more to learn here.
2. BG color is going to be in the CSS. Easiest way to find it is to install firebug in Firefox browser and highlight the area. (use the element inspector - blue rectangle with arrow on it). The element names will appear in the console. Change them in a working copy of your style.css and FTP them up to the site. I always make a backup of the style.css and work on my copy in a folder called "revised". Drill around the age and you'll identify all the bits you need to re-color.
3. Fonts cal also be found in style.css. Body font is in the css around line 154. h1 - h6 sizes begin around line 254.
4. Site title in css at line 997. remove text-transform: uppercase;
Hope that helps. Wish I could help more with #1
jbculp you're awesome! THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!!!
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.