- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 5 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
Tagged: front page
Showcase pro is a great theme. I've been testing it on a development server, but there's one thong I can't quite figure out. Showcase pro displays a nice, full-width page header image that makes each page stand out real well (http://demo.jtgrauke.com/showcase/).
Yet the category archives pages doesn't have a corresponding image to load in that space. Here's my question:
How can I feature an image to replace that large solid color header?
For reference, here's a link to the Showcase Pro single post demo: http://demo.jtgrauke.com/showcase/achieving-product-market-fit/
... and the category page demo: http://demo.jtgrauke.com/showcase/category/blog/
Anybody out there know how I could get images up there on those category archives?
Dan @ ZindaMedia
Marketing, Fundraising and Social Media strategies for non-profits.
Link to a category page please.
Also, blog shouldn't be a category.
I would use the same method and use the existing code as a guide on how to add the image to each category page.
My site http://hotelbathroomaccessories.com, using Showcase Pro theme.
There are 3 points need your professional helps.
1. The Front Page 3 widget area: setup your testimonials. Under the person name, why did it show number 1, 2, 3, vertically? how to show white dots as you demo page?
2. Under each post, how to remove the author information?
3. Front Page 1 widget area: icons - we use the code, like "ion-social-wordpress", can I make my own icon? or where to change the ions? Or, where to see more choices?
Thank you very much in advance!
Are you asking how to place an image on another page, similar to that of the front page hero? If so, go to the page and use the Featured Image. May need to mess with size to fit.
For icons - I used font awesome to change icons and Brad's tutorial http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-easily-add-icon-fonts-in-your-wordpress-theme/
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.