- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by .
- The topic ‘Featured Image not showing on facebook’ is closed to new replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
on how to set featured image. When I added to functions.php the site disappeared. NEED IMMEDIATE HELP!!!
OK Got it back online but image is still not showing up on Facebook. Installed "ALL IN ONE SEO" set featured image and still not working.
Used Facebook DeBugger and it worked great!
So how exactly did you use this plugin (Facebook DeBugger) to get this fixed? I installed the plugin but can't figure out where is its managing area or what it does. Did not fix my problem.
I have always used Studio Press themes on pages I share on Facebook, then now just on this one site on the same server as the dozens of others (that work just fine) it won't pick up the featured image to show on FB. I changed the theme to other Genesis themes I use on other sites, but the problem persists...
Hey There pressdeamon,
We actually don't use a plugin, but the facebook debugging tools directly at Facebook to request a cache flush on their end.
1) Visit here https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/
2) Add the URL you wish for facebook to 're-crawl / re-scrape'
3) Click Debug
4) Fetch new scrape information
5) Now you should see updated scrape as well as OG status
If this isn't working for you, then make sure you don't have any security plugins or hosting rules which may have accidentally banned FB IPs / hosts or your OpenGraph markup isn't flawed.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.