- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 2 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I am using the Parallax Theme and I am struggling with the display of POSTS in my Blog.
The Blog is ONLY displaying the UNCATEGORIZED posts even though I have defined a bunch of other categories and each one has at least one post assigned to it.
I changed the default post category (under Settings/Writing) from UNCATEGORIZED to one of the ones I created but that hasn't solved the problem.
Hi, the default post category determines the category that is initially selected when you create a new post, NOT what post appears on the blog page. To achieve what you want, follow these steps:
1. Create a new Page (not Post) called Blog if you haven't already
2. Go to Settings ?’ Reading and select that page as your Posts page
3. Follow the instructions on this post to hide specific categories from the Posts page (Blog) - http://www.wpmayor.com/how-to-hide-or-remove-categories-from-a-wordpress-homepage/
Hope that helps!
You helped me resolve this issue... thank you!
I had a BLOG page, but with all the changes I made to the theme it looked 'funny'.
So I chose to remove it and define a new one with the same name, as per your suggestion.
I could not update the settings as you suggested because my home page is not static as would be required to do what you suggest.
However, creating a brand new Post page did the trick. Excluding categories is easy - and it works already.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.