- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 6 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I would like to make several changes to the portfolio page in the executive theme. Any help would be greatly appreciated:
- Is there a way to change the url from http://www.domainname.com/portfolio to something else?
- Is there a way to change the title tag from "Portfolio Archive" to just "Portfolio" or "Projects?"
- Is there a way to make the archive headline size match the h1 settings of all the other pages (i.e. same font and size)?
- I changed the image sizes of the portfolio page and reduced the number of columns from three to two. However, the images are now distorted and pixelated. How can I fix this?
Change the name in the Big title bar, then edit the permalink just below and click OK. If your page was already referenced by a Search engine you will need to 301 the original page to the new one.
Write a new css rule for h1.archive-title and make the font bigger.
Regenerate Thumbnails plugin should fix your image sizes.
Do you have a web inspector?
Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, regenerating the thumbnails did resolve the issue I am having with the images. Also, the instructions you outlined for fixing the slug and title tag for the portfolio page would work if it were an actual page. However, the portfolio page is a custom archive page. I have tried to change the slug and the title through the portfolio archive settings, but I have been unsuccessful thus far.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.