• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

samjolman

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • December 16, 2013 at 9:36 pm in reply to: Developing wordpress then moving (plugin questions) #79647
    samjolman
    Member

    Andrea, this is all super helpful! So glad I found this post. I'm asking some similar questions.

    I have a current WP site using the original Minimum theme. And I am converting to the newer Minimum theme to get mobile responsive stuff. So I currently have the new them uploaded here: http://www.samjolman.com/temp and the old one at http://www.samjolman.com.

    A few more questions:
    1. When I move the theme folder, what will come with that? Does any content come with it? Plugins, pictures?
    2. Will all my blog posts still be the same on the original/root website? I don't want to lose any comments, social likes/tweets or link backs, etc. Do I need to worry about this?

    Thank you so much!

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble