• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

richiemerritt

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • December 13, 2012 at 7:42 pm in reply to: How Do I Change The 'Page Title' On Individual Pages? #5123
    richiemerritt
    Member

    Perfection!
    Implementing the code with instructions you provided worked flawlessly!

    Thank you so much ramseyp!
    I owe you one.

    Richie Merritt
    richiemerritt.com
    tattooinsider.com

    December 13, 2012 at 7:32 pm in reply to: How Do I Change The 'Page Title' On Individual Pages? #5119
    richiemerritt
    Member

    Fantastic! Thank you so much for your time and help ramseyp!

    I will implement the code, and post a follow up with my results, etc., so others can use this information.

    Thanks again.

    Richie Merritt

    December 13, 2012 at 6:46 pm in reply to: How Do I Change The 'Page Title' On Individual Pages? #5113
    richiemerritt
    Member

    Thank you ramseyp.
    I'm reviewing the code and will try to implement this.
    Questions...
    (Everything seems pretty straight-forward in your instructions, but...)

    • what is the " && !is_category "  ??? Am I supposed to replace the ampersands (&&) with something?

    And

    • will I need to replicate this code to create an new elseif statement for the 'blog' category page as well, or?

    Thank you 🙂

    December 13, 2012 at 6:08 pm in reply to: How Do I Change The 'Page Title' On Individual Pages? #5100
    richiemerritt
    Member

    Thank you for your response, ramseyp, I really appreciate it 🙂

    Yes, in response to your question, I would like it to do something different.
    I have made edits to the page-title.php file before, but  tweaking the conditional statements for it to display for individual category archive pages makes me a bit nervous. I've been reluctant to experiment there, as I normally would.

    So, I would like for the 'podcast' page to display the page title: "From The Podcast" (or something of that nature).
    And for the 'blog' page to display: 'From The Blog'.

    I've had a difficult time trying to find any detailed supporting information on this issue, so your help is very appreciated.

    Thanks again.

    Richie Merritt

     

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble