• Skip to main content
  • Skip to forum navigation

StudioPress

  • Shop for Themes
  • My StudioPress

Forum navigation

  • Home
  • General Genesis Discussions
  • StudioPress Themes
  • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Blocks
    • Genesis Custom Blocks
  • Retired Themes
  • FAQs
  • Forum Rules
  • Internationalization and Translations
  • Forum Bugs and Suggestions
  • Forum Log In

Are You Using The WordPress Block Editor?

Genesis now offers plugins that help you build better sites faster with the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Try the feature-rich free versions of each plugin for yourself!

Genesis Blocks Genesis Custom Blocks

goddess

Welcome!

These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.

Log In
Register Lost Password
  • Profile
  • Topics Started
  • Replies Created
  • Engagements
  • Favorites

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • April 25, 2013 at 12:04 pm in reply to: Offset loop post count for sticky posts? #37698
    goddess
    Member

    Well, dang! I did another post to make sticky (I don't always have need for them) and lo and behold, the offset it correct now! I have no idea why as it definitely hasn't always been that way but I'm happy nonetheless. Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

    March 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm in reply to: Variable for using Genesis Images? #25198
    goddess
    Member

    Thanks for that. I will be coming back to this as I have time. For now, I'm skipping the images.

    January 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm in reply to: Adding Container Div to Grid Images? #15793
    goddess
    Member

    I resolved this by using the mobile-responsive section of the style sheet to remove the border for those particular images.

    January 28, 2013 at 1:53 pm in reply to: Help! My site now looks terrible! #15635
    goddess
    Member

    I'm seeing menus and style sheets being applied right now. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and refreshing?

    January 26, 2013 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Adding Widget area to page-title.php #15042
    goddess
    Member

    Thank you for your help, it got me pointed in the right direction.

    I got this solved. I was making it WAY too hard for what I actually needed! 🙂 Resolved.

    January 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm in reply to: Adding Widget area to page-title.php #14908
    goddess
    Member

    Thank you for the help. I am still doing something wrong, though. I'm getting a "1" that is printing out with the widget code...you can see the area I'm working in here.

    http://moonplutoastrology.com/forums/

    I have the sidebar registered in functions like this:

    genesis_register_sidebar( array(
    'id'                => 'word-salad',
    'name'            => __( 'Word Salad', 'minimum' ),
    'description'    => __( 'Word Salad Space', 'minimum' ),
    ) );

    And this is the code section I'm experimenting with  (right at the moment, at least) in page-title.php

    elseif ( is_bbpress() ) {
    echo '<div id="page-title"><div class="wrap">' . dynamic_sidebar( 'word-salad' );
    echo '<p><a class="page-title-button" href="#" data-reveal-id="blog_subscription-3">' . __( 'Subscribe Now', 'minimum' ) . '</a></p></div></div>';
    }

    I know it's probably something basic I'm missing...and I'll also have to figure out how to drop the div from the widget output to let it live in that banner area...pointers appreciated.

    January 16, 2013 at 9:54 am in reply to: Video portfolio within Minimum? #12315
    goddess
    Member

    I would have to add, based on the support forum, it would have to be customized though, there is mention of genesis in one of the support threads.

    January 16, 2013 at 9:52 am in reply to: Minimum Theme: Rotate Home Page Image #12314
    goddess
    Member

    In my theme files, the images folder, I made a new folder called home-page. In it, I included the rotate.php file and all the images I wanted to rotate. YOu can add or delete images from rotation merely by adding or deleting them from that folder.

    Then, in functions.php, should be around line 70, replace the call to /images/sample.jpg to this: /images/home-page/rotate.php

    That's it!

    January 15, 2013 at 9:40 pm in reply to: Minimum Theme: Rotate Home Page Image #12193
    goddess
    Member

    I am using a very simple image rotation script to do this. The code is here:

    http://snipplr.com/view/69502/basic-php-image-rotation/

    January 14, 2013 at 10:47 am in reply to: Video portfolio within Minimum? #11848
    goddess
    Member

    I was checking out this thread because I was thinking of using video for the portfolio too. You may be interested in this plugin. I haven't tried it but it looks very promising for this.

    http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/featured-video-plus

    December 29, 2012 at 11:52 pm in reply to: how to modify the tagline in Minimum #8310
    goddess
    Member

    Tom- Check the page-title template for the tagline display php code, you should be able to work out an special cases there with WP conditionals.

  • Author
    Posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

CTA

Ready to get started? Create a site or shop for themes.

Create a site with WP EngineShop for Themes

Footer

StudioPress

© 2026 WPEngine, Inc.

Products
  • Create a Site with WP Engine
  • Shop for Themes
  • Theme Features
  • Get Started
  • Showcase
Company
  • Brand Assets
  • Terms of Service
  • Accptable Usse Policy
  • Privacy Policy
  • Refund Policy
  • Contact Us
Community
  • Find Developers
  • Forums
  • Facebook Group
  • #GenesisWP
  • Showcase
Resources
  • StudioPress Blog
  • Help & Documentation
  • FAQs
  • Code Snippets
  • Affiliates
Connect
  • StudioPress Live
  • StudioPress FM
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Dribbble