- This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by .
- The topic ‘Landing Page Populated by most recent category posts?’ is closed to new replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
Is it possible to generate a landing page with the latest posts of specific categories?
We currently have announcements and weekly sermons on our homepage. I would like to be able to add them automatically to a landing page so we can use it as an streamlined version of the full website and not have to do it twice.
1. You could use a custom blog page archive like this and add the post i.d's
2. You could create a template with a widget area and use the Genesis Featured Post widget to control which posts are displayed.
3. You could code a landing page with a custom loop to show the latest posts from each category.
I was trying eliminate the menu and side bar sections of the website - so option #3 would be best for me. Not much of a coder...would that be hard to do a custom loop? Or any other thoughts on how I could omit those areas on a page?
Thanks for your time,
Use the page_landing.php template with full width layout.
Do you have an example of the loop code I'd need to place in that template?
You would need custom code which is specific to what you want.
I suggest you use option 1 or 2 which are easier to work with. You can still use the page-landing.php file to customize the template.
Thanks for all your help!
Have an awesome day,
Now that I think through this more...I think option #2 would be best - if I can do it? I would need to place all posts of one category and only the latest of another. So would I create a template with multiple widget areas?
Any recommendation on steps/guide on how to set-up a template?
Depends on how you want each post to display like single column or grid.
Use the page_landing.php file.
Change the template header from Landing to something unique.
Change the file file to anything.php
Add or remove code. These snippets will get you started https://my.studiopress.com/documentation/snippets/
© 2022 WPEngine, Inc.