- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 4 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Showcase and Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I'm not good with all the terminology so maybe it's been said here before, but I am looking for an easy way to create a second new home page that is able to utilize widgets and also use the sidebar space different than the original home page. Is that possible?
you can't really have two home pages but you can create a second (third, fourth...) page that uses widget areas.
1. Register new widget areas
2. Create a page template
Output the widget areas in the page template (you can use the front-page.php of your theme as guideline)
3. Assign the page template to a page in the WordPress Page Editor.
4. Add content to the widget areas
5. Style with css as necessary
Thanks so much. I did create page templates but I've come up with a jerry-rigged system using a plugin that assigns content in widget areas to certain pages. I'm not great with coding so it's solved a headache for me. It's called Widget Logic.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.