- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by .
- The topic ‘Changing the wp-config language definition brakes my site!’ is closed to new replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
Hello I have some issues with translating my genesis install, well not really a problem with the translation nor the plug in, at least I don´t think it is.
Here is the issue:
I installed the plugin (the genesis translation one)
I uploaded to the wp-content/language the required language, spanish.
Then I changed the wp-confing PHP line to from this define ('WPLANG', ''); to this define ('WPLANG', 'es_ES');
The frontend works fine and the translation works just fine but can´t load the dashboard on the backend, i get this error:
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://equilibre.gt/wp-admin/index.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
- Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.
Then if I change back the wp-config to define ('WPLANG', ''); all works fine again but no translation on the front end.
one word HELP!
Thanks a lot I really appreciate your effort and time
You should post this on the plugins support area here - http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/genesis-translations.
Love coffee, chocolate and my Bella!
Ok! thanks for de advice
Hello, I solved my issue, funny I was trying to solve something else and this got solved in the process too. I´m going to mark this as solved but not before saying how it got solved. So I contacted my hosting provider with an unrelated problem I was having with a plug in so what my hosting provider did was increase the memory of my wp install and all got solved, then it hit me maybe now the translation works so I did all the changes to the wp-config file ET VOILA! all worked just how it´s supposed to do! the "server error" message should have pointed me in the right direction!
Hope this helps some else out there!
© 2022 WPEngine, Inc.