- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 1 month ago by .
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I'm having trouble getting the ability to comment to appear on my blog. I am using the Lifestyle Pro theme and tried to use the Disqus WP plugin to get it all set up, but the comments disappeared altogether after a few days.
Then, when I deactivated the Disqus plugin, the comments still don't appear with the default WP comment system.
Any ideas? I've made sure that the ability to comment is allowed under the Settings --> Discussion section
Here's an example post where comments aren't showing:http://arousingappetites.com/pakistani-spicy-tomato-curry/
Some other things to check:
(1) Check Genesis > Theme Settings (Comments & Trackbacks section) to ensure that comments are enabled on posts.
(2) On the individual posts in the editor, click Screen Options on the upper right and make sure both Comments and Discussion are checked. Close Screen Options and scroll down below the editor to be sure the boxes are checked to allow comments.
(3) If that doesn't work, you may need to delete Disqus completely if you haven't already.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.