May 9, 2015 at 10:07 am #151251cynliuMember
Seeking WP Dev Contractor $50-90/hr, with PT to FT-contracting opp!
I know that there is a page of recommended developers, but I'm hoping, as a community, I can extend this opportunity to anyone who feels most qualified for the role! PLEASE READ IN FULL, before applying. I will not be following this thread for replies, so see the contact info below for more information.
Below is a description of what we are looking for:
Who we are:
A start-up committed to building global citizens with today's children and teens is seeking a WordPress Developer. Pay may be on an hourly basis ($50-$90/hr) or by project basis and commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position has strong potential for part-time to full-time contracting as the needs of the project grow. (See below). At project outset, the ideal candidate will have bandwidth to devote anywhere between 5-20 hours a week.
- An experienced WP Developer to assist with the implementation and execution of a Children’s and Teen Initiative (Kids Website A, Teen Website B: Phase I and II), along with integrating dynamic content into one existing static WP site and maintaining another existing static WP site.
- Currently considering Genesis Framework and WPengine as hosting provider—experience with both, desired.
- Graphic design experience, desired, however we also have an internal team member with design experience. We hope that the developer will be open to working with our team member when it comes to look and feel for the sites.
- Community WP experience, required. This is an absolute must.
- Previous experience with working with COPPA guidelines for a community site, a plus.
1. Assistance with recommendations concerning
• Phase I Implementation of Kids Website and Teen Website B (Mostly Static Content). Business Requirements Document (BRD) - to be provided to serious applicants under consideration.
- Phase II Implementation of Kids Website and Teen Website B (Community Features)
• WP capabilities and customization requirements to comply with project business and functional requirements, including COPPA standards. http://www.coppa.org.
2. Concept design
• Provide “Look and Feel” for Kids Website A and Teen Website B, according to our branding guidelines/ Must be excited to work with our design team member for assistance with conforming to branding guidelines.
• Installation, configuration, and any development/customization work associated with Kids Website A and Teen Website B
• Ongoing configuration/customization, maintenance and upgrade of Kids Website A and Teen Website B
• Ongoing configuration/customization, maintenance and upgrade of existing websites.
Project Timeframe, ESTIMATED:
• End of Q2, 2015. Any modifications and maintenance that require technical involvement for existing sites. We do not anticipate this to be a lot of development work since these sites are small and mostly static content.
• End of Q3, 2015. Completion of Phase I for Website A and B.
• Q1-Q2, 2016 (estimated). Completion of Phase II for Website A and B, timing dependent on scope (Roll-out of Community features)
How to apply:
To apply, please send a brief email of interest and a resume as well as links to a MAXIMUM of 4 portfolio sites that you feel best demonstrate your capabilities as a WordPress developer for a) a robust static site as well as examples of b) social community sites to Cyn at [email protected]. We hope to review all resumes and select a candidate within the next two weeks of the posting of this description. The sooner you apply, the better though, as we are eager to get started.May 9, 2015 at 2:01 pm #151305SusanModerator
You might also want to post on Twitter, using the #GenesisWP hashtag.May 11, 2015 at 9:24 am #151723cynliuMember
Thank you for the tip! Appreciate it, Susan!
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.