- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by .
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I have the search widget in the header of my site. I’m using the news theme. My problems are:
1. The input box is too tall and not wide enough.
2. The Search button only shows within the text box and only when I press enter after typing a word or phrase in the text box.
3. The widget is not aligned Right-Centered.
I would like the textbox height shorter and its width increased. Also I’d like the Search button always displayed on the outside and to the right of the text box, and the widget aligned right-centered. Also, I would like the phrase ‘Search this website…’ removed.
I tried playing with the style.css file in the theme’s directory under the widget_search class but nothing happened.
Could someone please show me a way to do these things?
Thanks for the help.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.