Tagged: ghost blog image
January 24, 2020 at 10:55 am #496173
In my most recent post, if you click on Blog on the Home page, it goes to the post but shows an image to the left of the post that should not be there. (see https://simplystatedbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Blog-image.png). If you click on that image, it disappears and the post looks like it should (and how it looks in the editor). See https://simplystatedbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Blog-normal.png. How do I eliminate that ghost image?https://simplystatedbusiness.comJanuary 24, 2020 at 12:37 pm #496179
Victor FontModeratorJanuary 24, 2020 at 3:56 pm #496191
No, I thought of that, but it doesn't have a featured image. Totally weird (to me).March 23, 2020 at 1:44 pm #497469
I still get this "extra" image periodically whenever I click on the Blog tab from the Home page. If I click on the extra image, it goes away, but sometimes comes back when I click on the Blog tab again. Weird. See my prior post to see an example of the "ghost" or "extra" image. Cannot figure out why it's doing that.March 23, 2020 at 2:18 pm #497471March 24, 2020 at 6:57 am #497488
This is the latest blog post. As shown in my previous note, it appears to the left of the post. This is a snapshot of the latest. You can see it's a different "ghost" image than the one previously posted here.March 24, 2020 at 1:55 pm #497491March 24, 2020 at 2:36 pm #497493
Unfortunately, that is not the problem. I had researched that before the first time I submitted this problem. I just did so again on this post.
1. It only happens when I click off the Blog tab.
2. I hit the Next page at the bottom of the 1st post and the next post up does the same thing, except the "ghost" image is the same as the one shown at the right.
3. Also, as I mentioned previously, if I click on the "ghost" image when the post is open, the image disappears.
3. If you scroll down my Home page and access a post at the bottom and click on a post that way, there is no "ghost" image.
4. So, it must be tied with the Blog tab but I don't know how.
6. Also as stated previously, there is no Featured Image so it's not that.
Color me very confused.March 24, 2020 at 2:55 pm #497494March 24, 2020 at 3:23 pm #497497
Yes. Any of those on the left should not be there. The image on the right is the one added to the post.March 24, 2020 at 8:03 pm #497505
Then it sounds like it's picking up the featured image on the posts. Go to the Genesis Settings > Content Archives and look to see if the featured image has been selected.
March 25, 2020 at 6:51 am #497512
Yay!!! Mystery solved. Thank you for hanging in there with me, Anita.March 25, 2020 at 7:22 am #497515
The topic ‘Mysterious image’ is closed to new replies.