- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by .
- The topic ‘Metro Pro: Footer’ is closed to new replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I have two questions in regards to the footer.
1. If you look at it full screen the footer looks fine. However when you begin to re-size it, at a certain point, there is a white space that shows up between the footer widgets (specifically widget 3) and the right edge of the browser window. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?
2. The 3 footer widgets aren't evenly spaced...there is different amount of margin/space between widget 1 and 2 than there is widget 2 and 3. I can't figure out why this would be. I know widget 1 and 2 are float: left and widget 3 is float right. I've tried messing around with the code but I can't figure it out. I look at a Metro Pro showcase site (www.awayfromtheoffice.com) and hers is evenly spaced and I looked at her code and it's the same (float:left, float:right, 36px margin). Any ideas on how to fix this?
PS: I'm redesigning my website and this is just the Staging site.http://da7.3a1.myftpupload.com/
1. Don't know why you have the white border, I can't duplicate the issue.
2. The three widget areas have a fixed width of 332px each. The footer wrap is set to a 1140px. This leaves 144px that will show as the gaps between the widgets. To fix this, change the width of the 3 widgets at line 1466 in style.css to something like 356px and it will look even.
Victor, thank you. I got both my issues resolved.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.