- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 5 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
Hi, someone with a good, similar website to mine wants to do a reciprocal link exchange. I have no idea what code/information i need to send them. Can anyone tell me? I want a link that would send users from their website to my homepage. My site is http://www.fishinglurediscounts.com.
You could use the Simple URL's plugin for this.
You might also want to ask on Google Webmaster Tools what Google thinks of reciprocal link exchanges.
Code for Paid Members & Clients Only.
do i have to have a program to send or receive links for my website?
The title was misleading.
So you basically want to exchange links with another website owner right? You know, they add your link on there site and you add there link on yours.
This type of thing is not a good thing to do in Googles eyes.
Here is some guidelines from Google on exchanging links.
Any links intended to manipulate PageRank or a site's ranking in Google search results may be considered part of a link scheme and a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This includes any behavior that manipulates links to your site or outgoing links from your site.
The following are examples of link schemes which can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results:
• Buying or selling links that pass PageRank. This includes exchanging money for links, or posts that contain links; exchanging goods or services for links; or sending someone a “free” product in exchange for them writing about it and including a link
• Excessive link exchanges ("Link to me and I'll link to you") or partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking
• Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links
• Using automated programs or services to create links to your site
Additionally, creating links that weren’t editorially placed or vouched for by the site’s owner on a page, otherwise known as unnatural links, can be considered a violation of our guidelines. More information continued at: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/66356?hl=en
If you really want to exchange links then use HTML code to give to that person.
<a href="http://mydomain.com" target="_blank">My Domain Rocks</a>
© 2022 WPEngine, Inc.