- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 6 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
This question is two-fold.
1. Is there a way to move the Home - Features Widget where the Portfolio Widget is? If I move the Genesis - Featured Page widgets to the Portfolio area they stack instead of sitting side-by-side.
2. Is there a way to create a two-column section where the Feature Widget currently is?
The result would be to have a two-column area below the optin and a three-column area in place of the Portfolio section.
1. You have to edit front-page.php and change the load order of the widget areas in the hello_pro_home_sections function. The load in the order in which the appear in this function. Change them around any way you'd like.
2. You could use a text widget and Genesis column classes.
Oh, thank you Victor!
I have three text widgets in the home-features widget area and they were lined up side-by-side.
Then I swapped home-features and home-portfolio and now the text widgets are not lined up. If I look in Firebug, it looks like the second and third text widgets got separated from the first text widget??
Maybe this could help:
It's a plugin I've created to add column width's to widgets.
That looks great! I will keep it in mind.
© 2024 WPEngine, Inc.