- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 10 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I love the simplicity yet customization options of this slider, save 1 irritating issue. The slider pulls the first image embedded in the content (which is resized smaller than the actual image width. I want the slider to display the full size images (which are pre-sized to the slider dimensions before uploading), not the smaller version that fits in the post content area.
Is there a fix for this?
You can see what I mean at the dev site: http://wood.jeffrey-davis.net/
1. Say you have set 960 X 200 pixels as dimension in slider settings.
2. Edit photo that you want to display in slider to 960X200 size.
3. Open specific post, upload that photo - while in upload photo box, click "use this as featured image" button and close that box.'
No need to embed that photo inside the post. Similarly, you repeat for photos you want to display in slider - they should appear fine. Though this is time consuming, result is very neat!
Thanks for the reply idav. I tried what you suggested but it didn't work. On the dev site link I posted you can see the image in the featured slider has a bunch of white space to the right. The image set to be featured is 780x300 -- which are the same dimensions of the slider.
Yet for some reason, it's getting resized to 600x250.
Any other help?
deleting the image from the media library and re-uploading it seemed to work for some reason. Thanks for the help!
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.