- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 11 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
Tagged: featured posts
Hello, I am trying to choose which posts are displayed in the Genesis Featured Posts widget. I would like to have the 5 most viewed posts from the previous week displayed. I don't need to automate this, I am currently using a different plugin and I change the posts each week. I would like to switch to the Genesis widget though because it looks much, much better than most alternatives out there and it would be one less plugin to have installed.
I don't think the functionality you need is included in the widget by default so you need to look for other options:
1. You could copy the widget code and modify it to do what you want via the WP_Query class the widget includes.
2. You could look for an extended version of the widget which includes the functionality or filters you need to modify the WP_Query.
3. You could try different plugins which include the functionailty you need.
4. You could hand code a solution.
Thank you for clarifying the widget will not do what I'm looking for. I'm going to tackle this with a few of your suggestions. First, I'll use an alternative while I attempt to modify the widget code to do what I'd like. It's time I take something like that on anyway, thanks again!
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.