- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 5 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
Hi All - not sure if what I want to do is possible, but here's the dream:
On http://www.healthysolutionsofsv.com/ I've got 3 different post types running:
1) Default Posts (Blog - http://www.healthysolutionsofsv.com/blog/ )
2) Radio Custom Post Type (http://www.healthysolutionsofsv.com/radio/)
3) VLOG Custom Post Type (http://www.healthysolutionsofsv.com/vlog/)
Currently I have my Genesis Content Archives settings on "Display Post Content" limited to 360 Characters, + featured image. This looks good for the Blog and Radio posts, but for the Video Vlog posts I want to be able to show full content without truncation, so that the embedded videos display and I don't have to worry about featured images for those.
Is it possible to make specific content display settings for that custom post type, that override the global Genesis theme settings?
bumping this up - any suggestions?
For your VLOG CPT archive template, add this snippet:
remove_action( 'genesis_entry_content', 'genesis_do_post_content' ); add_action( 'genesis_entry_content', 'the_content' );
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.