- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 7 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I'm using the Prose child theme and want to change the "Speak Your Mind" heading for the comments section. I found the code snippet and the instruction that it should be placed in the theme's functions.php file. However, when I go to this in editor there is this "WARNING: DO NOT edit this file under any circumstances. Please do all PHP modifications via the Custom Code Admin menu." I'm not sure where this is. Any help would be appreciated.http://www.steventuggle.com/
Take a backup of functions.php file (like copy in a notepad file on your PC). Then add following code to modify "speak your mind" text - http://wpsmith.net/2011/genesis/how-to-change-genesiss-speak-your-mind-comments-heading/
Here's what my functions.php looks like:
WARNING: DO NOT edit this file under any circumstances.
Please do all PHP modifications via the Custom Code admin menu.
* This file calls the init.php file for both Genesis and Prose.
* It initializes the Genesis framework, and loads the Prose library as well.
* This file is a core Prose file and should not be edited.
* @author StudioPress
* @license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GPL v2.0 (or later)
* @link http://www.studiopress.com/themes/genesis
/** Start the engine */
require_once( get_template_directory() . '/lib/init.php' );
require_once( get_stylesheet_directory() . '/lib/init.php' );
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.