- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 2 months ago by .
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I'm trying to follow this tutorial to add custom fonts to my Magazine Pro child theme, but already I can't find the header.php file.
Here is the tutorial:
I'm trying to follow the optimize way. Any idea how I can incorporate this to Magazine Pro?
Here is the link to my site:
Thank you so so much!http://www.cherryimprintdesign.com
Read further down the page, the article tells you how to add the fonts to Genesis themes.
Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
Do I need to follow the header.php step? Because I can't find the file in Magazine Pro; or do I need to place that code somewhere else? Thank you so much!
Thats not the correct way to add fonts in any theme.
You should always use the wp_enqueue_scripts hook.
Please copy the code from the view raw link and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++
Thanks Brad. I tried the wp_enqueue_scripts hook but it doesn't work...
I have some questions about this, too. My problem originally stems from seeing google api taking 400+ms to load fonts, which is easily the largest chunks of time slowing down page load speed.
1. Does either the enqueue method or font-face generator address this issue?
2. It would seem that the font-face generator solution seems simple enough but when it comes to simply "changing" fonts in style.css it would be more than just changing names, as different fonts may require different config for weight, line height, margin, font-size, etc depending on the object, for optimal use. Or does none of that apply?
3. In the area of Mag Pro default style.css it defines font family: 'Icon'; --- Is this a branded font-family as search only produces links to posts about icons (images)? Would it be something to include in the generator kit?
4. I have some questions about use of Roboto and Raleway that can be a separate thread and how to incorporate them in either font-generator or enqueue method.
© 2023 WPEngine, Inc.