- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by .
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.
These forums are for general discussion on WordPress and Genesis. Official support for StudioPress themes is offered exclusively at My StudioPress. Responses in this forum are not guaranteed. Please note that this forum will require a new username, separate from the one used for My.StudioPress.
I had a really pleasant experience about a month ago when I installed Woo for the first time and created a lovely looking web store without much effort. Great success!
Since then there has been an update to Woo and now I'm tearing my hair out. Problems include:
- tax inclusive or tax-exclusive prices displaying randomly on different browsers (you read it right - different prices displaying on different browsers)
- the shop pages look bloody awful, whether or not the Genesis connect plugin is active
- a massive number of 500 errors when using Woo in the back end.
- memory error problems when using Woo in the backend.
Here's my question: are Woocommerce and Genesis really friends? I have intermediate WP skills - am I going to spend my life sorting out little glitches? Is there a whole new set of tricks that I need to learn here?
Here's a good example of the true ugliness of Woo 'working' inside the Wellness Pro theme: https://snowkids.co.nz/shop/page/3/
Thanks in advance for your advice,
What are you using jQuery Matchheight for? Genesis and WooCommerce play very nicely together. Something is inserting a height dimension in the product link that wraps the images. The way the height dimension is being inserted appears to be coming from a jQuery add-on. I suggest you start looking for a plugin conflict. I would start by disabling jQuery Matchheight.
Thanks for your advice. I'm not sure where to start in terms of disabling jQuery Matchheight, but I did deactivate all plugins and then reactivate them one at a time. This seems to have resolved the formatting problem in some way that reactivating them all at once did not do. I can see the offending jQuery in the source code, but with fingers crossed it seems to look better now...
© 2022 WPEngine, Inc.