November 22, 2015 at 7:48 pm #171803beriuqamMember
I hope it's ok that I am listing multiple questions. I've gone back a few pages and couldn't find any suitable answers for the following things. First: my site is http://kidstravelbooks.com. I know that the image sizes aren't the best right now, I'm still working on it. Background info: I was using another Studio Press theme until yesterday. Many of these current problems weren't problems with the old theme. I'm also using a Woo Commerce Plug-in, if that matters.
1. On the very top I have "Click on your next destination below" - I'd like to get that into a clear button with a white box, but everything I've tried has failed. Specifically, a class="button clear white" but, I only get the same blue box that currently says "blog".
2. My page links don't work at all. All those links on the bottom, all the country links - no content shows up. Even if I go to the "edit page" and look at in the backend, then "view page"... nothing. What am I missing here?
3. The third widget area currently shows some of the books I have in my book directory. They are Woo Commerce products. I can't figure out how to make these larger - ideally in some kind of grid format. I've tried only allowing one book per widget, but that didn't work. It's currently set to show 5 books in the widget. Is there a plug-in that does this?
4. If you click on any of those books in the third widget area (click on the name) it brings you to that book's product page. Three things - I would like to change the way the "Buy on Amazon" button looks. I have a Woo Commerce customizer plug-in that allowed me to easily change the working and it worked on the old theme, but it doesn't work now. Is there a way I can change the font size to something smaller?
5. The second part of looking at the book's product page. If you scroll down there's "Related" and "Related Products" - the "related" section seems to be generated by Genesis and I would like to remove that.
6. The third part of the book's product page - does anyone know how I can reduce the number of books shown for "related products" AND increase the spacing between? The "Buy on Amazon" button is too big and they're crowding each other.
7. Finally - I'm using the footer widget. The background is the same color as my Accent Color that I picked in customizer. I would like to change it for just this section. How can I do that?http://kidstravelbooks.comNovember 23, 2015 at 7:42 am #171816Victor FontModerator
1, Your CSS isn't rendering correctly because you have a typo in your code. If you view source you'll see the code rendered as class="”button" clear="" white”="". This means you didn't close your quotes properly.
2. Can't help you with this one. It looks like your content is empty. Did you add Genesis connect support to the new theme's functions.php?
3. The WooCommerce product widget is designed for use in a sidebar. Use a text-widget and list the WooCommerce products with a shortcode. You need to add add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode'); to your functions.php for shortcodes to work in widgets.
4. The font size is controlled by .woocommerce a.button in the WooCommerce style sheet. You can add this to your style.css and tag the font size change with !important. If that doesn't work, take a look at this article for further assistance: http://victorfont.com/change-genesis-child-theme-style-sheet-load-order/
5. Related and related products are generated by WooCommerce. All WooCommerce output is generated by WooCommerce, not Genesis. This article should help: https://docs.woothemes.com/document/remove-related-posts-output/
6. If you remove the related products, why would you want to change their size?
7. Change the color for .footer-widgets in style.css at line 1628
November 23, 2015 at 8:40 am #171830beriuqamMember
Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me. I have a few questions on some of your comments.
1. I'm confused. This is what I have on the widget |a class=”button clear white”>Click on your next destination below /a| And that's what I see when I look at view source (line 241), so I'm not sure which quote I didn't close properly or, if I did it completely wrong, how it is supposed to be.
2. I've had Genesis Connect for WooCommerce - is that the plugin you mean? What's weird to me is that all of this content showed up when I had another Studio Press theme (Cafe Pro), but it all disappeared when I switched back to Altitude Pro. I'm currently talking to Studio Press support. I'm not sure how pages (that are unrelated to woo commerce/products) need Genesis Connect in order to function, especially since my pages' content showed up in my old theme and I did nothing different when I changed themes.
3. Do you have more information somewhere about using shortcodes?
4. Thank you!
5. Thank you.
6. It's currently showing "Related" and "Related Products" - I only want to remove "related" --- not "related products". I think it's redundant to have both. I want to change the size for Related Products because they're all bumping into each other and it's not only like that in the related products section of the product page, but also on any grid-style listing I have (which is quite a few). I was able to change it so that only 3 products showed up, but it didn't change the spacing between the products, so they still bumped in to each other. Is there a way I can increase the width of the content on my site? I don't have sidebars in that section.
7. Thank you!
- The forum ‘Design Tips and Tricks’ is closed to new topics and replies.